Iron Horse Saloon® Sturgis Presents: TRAPT
Event Date: Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Time: 10:30 PM
Tickets: No tickets required. Free admission at the gate. Ages 21+ welcome.
Trapt is an American rock band. Since its formation in 1997, Trapt has released six studio albums, one live album, one compilation album, three EPs and thirteen singles. Their 7th studio album “DNA” is due out May of 2016. The band has enjoyed numerous top 20 hits, 3 #1 hits, a #3 at top 40, top 15 on Billboard’s hot 100, a platinum album, and numerous placements in movies and video games. Trapt has traveled the world with Alternative and Active Rock’s biggest names, while selling 2.5 million records worldwide.
- Self Released in 1999, Amalgamation was the band’s first recorded work. In 2000, The Glimpse E.P. was also self released, gaining industry wide attention.
- Self Titled album “Trapt,” the band’s debut album under Warner Bros, was released November 5, 2002. This album peaked at #42 on the U.S. Billboard 200 & produced 3 singles. These singles produced a #1 on both the Modern Rock Tracks and Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks charts (“Headstrong”), a #1 on the Mainstream Rock chart (“Still Frame”), & a Top 10 single on the Modern Rock Tracks chart (“Echo”). Trapt was RIAA Certified Platinum with nearly 1.8 million copies sold to date.
- Released September 13, 2005, Someone in Control was the second album under Warner Bros. This album peaked at #14 on the U.S. Billboard 200 & also produced the #1 single “Stand Up.” To date, this album has sold over 375,000 copies.
- Only Through the Pain was released August 5, 2008, under Eleven Seven. This album peaked at #18 on the U.S. Billboard 200, #4 on U.S. Alt, #2 on U.S. Ind., and #4 on U.S Rock. Both singles released peaked in the Top 20 of the Billboard Modern Rock Track Chart. With Who’s going home reaching top 10. This album has sold almost 200k copies.
- Released October, 12, 2010, No Apologies was the second album under Eleven Seven. This album peaked at #25 on U.S. Billboard 200, #5 on U.S. Alt., #4 on U.S. Ind., and #7 on U.S. Rock. To date, this album has sold over 60,000 copies.
- January 22, 2013,Trapt’s latest album, Reborn, released independently through Emi distribtion. Peaked at #44 on the U.S. Billboard 200, #1 on Top Hard Rock Albums, #8 on the U.S. Ind., and #14 on U.S. Rock. To date, this album has sold nearly 40,000 copies.
- Summer 2016 will see the release of TRAPT’s 7th studio album since 1999 “DNA” feat. the songs, “Passenger,” “It’s Over” and “Human (Like The Rest Of Us).”
Trapt has released 14 singles to radio. Highlights include: 12 Singles peaking in the Top 30 of Billboard’s Mainstream Rock Chart. 8 Singles peaking in the Top 20. Three singles peaking at Top 5 or higher with two of those songs peaking at #1• “Headstrong”—RIAA Platinum Certified “Headstrong” won 2003 Billboard Music Award for Modern Rock Track of the Year. “Headstrong” won 2003 Billboard Music Award for Rock. “Headstrong” was rated the #1 Alternative Song & #7 Rock Song of the Decade of the 2000s by Billboard for having more spins than any other Alternative Rock song of that decade. In 1998 and while still in high school, Trapt was opening for acts like Papa Roach. While touring in support of their Self Titled release and Someone in Control, Trapt toured with Thousand Foot Krutch, Silvertide, Chevelle, Three Days Grace & Nickelback. When touring in support of album #3 “Only Through The Pain,” Trapt was a part of Motley Crue’s Crue Fest in 2008. Tourmates included Buckcherry, Papa Roach & Sixx:A.M. Trapt and Hinder on the Jagermeister Music Tour with Rev Theory. The Contagious Tour, beginning in March 2009, featured Red, Halestorm, Inept, & Since October.
When touring in Support of Album #4 “No Apologies, “Trapt was featured on The “Monsters of Annihilation” Tour with Papa Roach and Skillet.
Trapt has also played tours and dates with acts including: Godsmack, Everclear, Smile Empty Soul, Finger Eleven, Evanescence, The Offspring, Foo Fighters, The Strokes, Story of the Year, Puddle of Mudd, Default, Shinedown, Kanye West, Crossfade, Evans Blue, Breaking Benjamin, Drowning Pool, Bullet for My Valentine, Sevendust, Tesla, Judas Priest, Whitesnake, Pop Evil, Cavo, Candlelight Red, Janus, Rob Zombie, Megadeth, Hurt, Blue October, Sick Puppies, Hollywood Undead, 10 Years, Super Bob, Asking Alexandria, & Nonpoint.
Festivals that Trapt has played include: X--‐Fest with Sum 41, Audioslave, Seether, Stone Sour, Theory of a Deadman, The Ataris, and Saliva; Buzz Bake Sale with Jet, Yellowcard, Switchfoot, Hoobastank, Alien Ant Farm, Fuel and Eve 6; Big Spring Jam; Chevrolet Rock & Roll 400; Radio 104 Fest; Beale Street Music Festival; Download Festival; Rock am Ring, Rock Jam; Common Ground Festival; X96 Big Ass Show; Noon to Moon; Rockfest; Pointfest 2009; Rock on the Range 2011; 94.5 the Buzz Weenie Roast 2012; KUPD UFest 2013; Lunatic Luau; Rock on the River; WIIL Rock Fest 2013; Dirt Fest 2013; Virginia Chili Cook Off; & Taste of Madison 2013 and 2015. Northwoods Rock Rally 2014.
Additional Film and TV song placements:
Headstrong was featured in the trailer for “Tears Of The Sun” in 2003, “Never Back Down” in 2008, and many TV shows throughout 2012 and 2013. “Who’s Going Home with You Tonight?” was included as part of the weekly downloadable content for the Rock Band game series and the band also played it live in an eposide of Cheaters that the band was featured in. “Contagious” was available as a free playable track in the iPhone and iPod Touch game Tap Tap Revenge 2. “Bring It” was used by ESPN as its promo song for Nascar Series from March 23 2013 to May 1 2013. From the Band’s self titled debut Trapt, “New Beginning was featured in the film “Dragon Ball Z: The Return Of Cooler.
VIP Packages, Chrome Club Membership, and more.
Roll in like a rock-star, pull up a chair, and enjoy the hottest concerts at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Iron Horse Saloon® offers advance purchase VIP seating, reserved parking, and more at our online store.